CHEAP FAUX COWHIDE RUGS - Why A Fake Cowhide Rug!
Cheap faux cowhide rugs, but what is a faux rug?
The faux fur rug is one in which the fur is not of an animal but is synthetic. Faux fur imitates real animal fur and is much cheaper.
There is no such thing as ethical fur, and there is no such thing as cheap fur, somewhere an animal is paying the price.
How To Tell If Fake Cowhide Rug Or Real Cow-skin Rug
TEST 1 - Texture Of The Fur
In fake fur, it tends to be dense and course all the way through, while in real fur, it has different textures at the base and different textures at the top.
TEST 2 - Finger Test
Grab the fur and roll or rub the fur between your fingers. A fake fur will feel a little rougher and a little cozier.
In real fur, the feel is much softer and much smoother.
TEST 3 - Pin Test
In the third test, check the base where the fur is attached. Simply with a needlepoint, pin at the backing the fur. If the hair is synthetic, it will be attached to the material. The pin will easily slide inside it. Whereas on real fur, you will notice the fur attached to the animal skin, and the pin will not easily penetrate it.
TEST 4 - Fire Test
With synthetic or fake fur, when you burn it, it burns like plastic and smells like plastic. An original fur when you lit the fire will like hair, and it will also smell like a burning hair.
Top 2 Cheap Faux Cowhide Rugs
1. Brown And White Faux Cow Hide Rug For Home
Size: 55 x 55 inches.
Fiber: 100% Polyester
Color: White & Brown
Pile: Low Pile
Shape: Full Cow Hide
Ratings: Top in its genre
Reasons To Buy Cheap Faux Cowhide Rugs
It is a simple way to own a cowhide without having to slaughter a cow. These rugs are softer than the real cowhide rugs.
- Easy To Clean: It is very easy for the skin compared to the original cowhide carpets. Wash it like you wash your clothes with gentle hands. Machine washing is not possible.
- Durability: This washable faux cowhide rug does last long. The synthetic fiber of these rugs makes them highly durable.
- Gift: Impress your loved one by gifting him/her with this inexpensive cozy and ultra-soft and beautiful product.
- Usage: These are environmentally friendly Ideal for placing nearly everywhere in the house. Use it in the entryway, hallways, kitchens, living room, and bedrooms. Faux cowhide bathroom rugs are no myth. You can use them in the bathroom, but constant wetness can reduce their durability. Use it as a rug, decorate your sofa, bed corners, and as a wall hanging.
- Care & Maintenance: Not suitable for outdoors, try to prevent from direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can fade the colors from the faux fur.
2. Brown Faux Cowhide Rugs Cute Animal Printed Carpet for Home
15 Places To Use Faux Fur Besides Rugs
Fake cowhide rugs are a highly used item for flooring in the west. The larger the size, the better for placing in spacious areas like in living rooms. Small size faux ideally are floor decorative for bedrooms.
Do you know where all you can use Faux fur other than just area rugs? There are several ways to place them to style your home interior.
- Soften up the edges
- For Pets – softness of them can help bring high comfort for your dogs and cats.
- Bed – to the foot of the bed.
- Seating – Layer it on the arm of chairs and sofas.
- Rug layering – layering rugs with vintage kilim rugs, etc.
- Chair cushions
- Area rugs – they are a highly used item as a rug. The larger the size, the better for placing in living rooms. Small size faux ideally are floor decorative for bedrooms.
- Ottomans – An ottoman with a Faux
- Accent pillows
- Coffee Table – Under a small coffee table.
- Bench decor – Have your bench standing naked? Bring the twist by displaying it with a Faux rug on it.
- Warmth in winter
- Highlight the entryway
- Table base – At the base of small tables
- Other bonus places to use these soft textured rugs are in the kitchen, at the vanity,
Faux Fur Throw Pillowcase Tri-Color Brown Cowhide Print
Size: 20 x 20 inches (other size: 16 x 16 inches)
Color: Tri colors (light brown, dark brown and white)
Fiber: Cotton-50%, Polyester-50%
Rating: Top in its genre
- Durability: It is durable and very soft to touch.
- Zips: This throw pillow cover has a zip on either side.
- Usage: Use it as a bed cushion and sofa cushions. Nothing so cute as this product to gift to your loved one.
- Wash: Wash it with gentle hands. Can machine wash but at low speed. Keep it dry and cool.
Advantages Of A Faux Rug
Faux fur is one of the softest fibers and cozier to sit, to lay on, and to feel under feet. Finer the fiber hair, more delicate it will be.
An artificially made cowhide rug come in all sizes ranging from as small as a doormat to as large as a large size area rug.
They also can vary in beautiful shapes, circles, squares, rectangles, etc.
Faux cowhide carpet is a super cool alternative to cow skin rugs. In some countries like India, where cow skin is illegal, a Faux cowhide area rug is the close item to choose for your interior decor.
A Faux cowhide rug is much cheaper than a real cow hide rug or any animal skin rug. A cowhide goes through many different processes, hence cost higher with the amount of time and effort it takes to make them.
How To Clean Faux Fur Rugs
While you can clean a clean faux rug at home, cleaning a white faux rug is crucial. Let’s see how to treat the white furs. If you can deal well with the whites, you can easily get on with any other Faux color rug.
- First, remove all debris and dust settled inside the faux fur. Shake and dust out by taking the rug outdoors. Vacuum the carpet to eradicate all dirt.
- For stains, spray some Oxy Clean to the spot and leave it for half an hour.
- These rugs are so soft and flexible that you can also wash them in a washing machine. Simply put some bleach(Clorox Bleach) and some softener(Downy Fabric Softener). Add any mild detergent and put the rug fur facing downward so that it is more exposed to the water. No, let the machine run for ten minutes, or till the fur turns stainless.
- Once cleaned, squeeze out the water from the rug, hang the area rug for the excess of water to drain out. Then lay it flat to dry.
- After the rug fur dries out, use a Cat Brush and nicely comb the rug thoroughly.